Mila is an attractive-looking air purifier with a lot of promises. The visionary project was successfully funded on Kickstarter by 3600+ supporters. Besides the neat design, it has some unique functions and features that can improve your indoor air quality.
However, the purifier has some minor design flaws and software issues. If you are interested in giving it a try, learn more about it based on our in-depth research.
Mila Air Purifier Specifications:
|Filtration Technology|| |
|HEPA Class||H12 HEPA (Basic Breather)|
|Filter Life||6 to 9 months|
|Maximum CADR||263 cfm or 447 m³/h (with The Basic Breather filter)|
|Room Coverage (8 ft ceilings)||395 sq ft with 5 air changes per hour (calculate ACH for your room).|
|Sensors||✔️ (Particle PM2.5, TVOC, CO2, CO, Temperature, Humidity, Pressure, and Motion)|
|Fan Speeds||Variable (0% to 100%)|
|Noise Level||24 - 60 dbA|
|Dimensions||15.5″H x 11.8″W x 11.8″D|
- A CLEANING POWERHOUSE: Packed with 45 ft2 of high performance HEPA and a powerful clean air delivery rate (447 CADR m3/hr), Mila’s...
- SMART CONTROL: Mila’s smarts are simple to use through a sleek app. This modern home essential keeps you connected to your air...
- WHISPER QUIET: Air breathers, rejoice. Mila is the first HEPA air purifier for homes that’s smart enough to quiet down when you're in...
- CUTE TO BOOT: With clean lines, cute curves, and the most adorable little bamboo legs, Mila is a contemporary home/apartment essential.
In-depth Review of the Mila Air Purifier:
Mila’s been designed to give you everything you want out of a modern appliance. It’s smart, customizable, and good-looking.
Keep reading to learn about all of the benefits of Mila.
Compact and Modern Design
Mila is a beautifully designed air purifier with a minimalistic approach. It takes air from the four sides and the bottom and delivers through the top of the unit. This is the best use of the compact design without sacrificing the filter surface area.
Most of the air purifiers in the market have flat or cylindrical-shaped filters, which take a lot of space. Mila’s unique-shaped filter makes it possible to keep the form factor smaller.
It’s only 12 inches wide and deep and just a bit taller at 15 inches. Stands on the bamboo legs, you can be proud of placing Mila wherever you’d like!
The onboard touch control panel is super minimal. You can change modes between the Manual and Auto using the Mode button. In Manual mode, you can set the desired fan speed from 0% to 100% using the +/- buttons.
If you like neat and smart design, this air purifier will fascinate you.
7 Different Air Filters for Different Lifestyles
Instead of single filter options, Mila offers a total of 7 types of filters you can choose based on your needs. For example, if you want to filter dust and other particles from your room and no need to control the odor, the Basic Breather is enough for you.
This filter will save you money and give you more airflow because of fewer filter barriers—faster air cleaning at a lower cost.
Mila also offers higher grade HEPA (H13 and H14) filters and different types of carbon filters with various amounts of carbon (0.70 lbs to 1.25 lbs) options. These options will help you to select the right filter for your concern.
For example, if you want to filter ultrafine particles from smoke or traffic pollution, an H13 HEPA filter could help. To eliminate mild and moderate odors, select the Pure and Modified-type granular carbon filters, respectively.
Check out all of the options below.
- The Basic Breather: Single-stage H12 HEPA-based filter to remove dust and particles. High airflow rate due to less pressure drop.
- The Big Sneeze: Single-stage filter made with higher-grade H13 HEPA. Removes ultrafine dust, viruses, and bacteria.
- The Rookie Parent: A basic two-stage filter. This filter has 0.70 pounds of carbon, helping eliminate light odors. H12 HEPA rating.
- The Critter Cuddler: A moderate 3-stage filter that comes with 0.84 pounds of carbon to help with odors, as well as a pre-filter “sock” to keep fur and larger particles out. The primary particle filter has an H13 HEPA rating.
- The Home Wrecker: A 2-stage filter focused on odor and VOCs control. Two layers of carbon filter contain 1.96 pounds of modified granular carbon to help eliminate moderate odors and VOCs. The particle filter has an H12 HEPA rating.
- The Mama-to-Be: Two-stage filter with an H14 HEPA filter meant to filter out ultrafine particulates. It also comes with 0.70 carbon to eliminate light odors.
- The Overreactor: A 2-stage filter with a superior-grade H14 HEPA filter to capture the tiniest particles and germs. It comes with 1.25 pounds of modified granular carbon to remove moderate to strong odors, formaldehyde, and VOCs.
8 Air Quality Metric Sensors
Inside this small purifier, there are eight air quality metric sensors.
- Particle: Measures the tiny inhalable PM2.5 particulates in the air.
- VOCs: The TVOC sensor will detect chemicals, formaldehyde, and VOCs in the air.
- Carbon Dioxide: Carbon dioxide in the air can mean that air circulation needs to be increased; open the windows.
- Carbon Monoxide: The carbon monoxide sensor will help you detect this lethal odorless gas in your room.
- Temperature: Keeps an eye on the temperature in the room, helping to maintain a comfortable environment.
- Humidity: Helps monitor the moisture in the room that it’s placed in, which helps keep you maintain a comfortable and mold-free environment.
- Differential Pressure: Measures atmospheric pressure.
- Room Presence: Mila knows when a person enters the room and knows to turn on when you’re there.
This air purifier saves you an average of $150 from buying a separate indoor air quality monitor!
Other Useful Features
- Color display with a lot of useful data.
- Intuitive smartphone app (iOS and Android) with outdoor AQI insights and local pollen alert.
- Variable fan control from 0% to 100% instead of 3 or 4 level fan speeds.
Suitable Room Size for Mila Air Purifier:
If you have higher ceilings, then use our Air Changes per Hour Calculator to calculate the suitable room size.
* The room size calculation is applicable for the Basic Breather filter.
Mila Air Purifier Operating Costs:
Filter Replacement Cost
- Optional pre-filter: ~ $15 for the washable pre-filter soak.
- Main single to 3-stage filter: ~ $59 to $99 based on the filter types, 6 to 9 months usage (check availability & filter price).
Official Introduction Video:
Pros & Cons:
Check out our top picks >>> The 7 Best Smart Air Purifiers.
Questions and Answers
Q. How can I turn the Mila from the touch panel?
A. You can’t turn Mila “off” from the touch panel, but manual mode at zero will turn your fan to 0% and it will be on standby. You can similarly control from your app.
Q. How often should I change the filter in Mila?
A. Mila air purifier filters are designed to last 6 to 9 months. However, this is dependent upon how heavily the air purifier is used.
Q. Where should I place Mila?
A. You can place it anywhere in a room. Make sure it has about 12 inches of clearance around the unit. More tips on how to use an air purifier effectively.
Q. Will Mila work with my smart home?
A. Mila can be connected to both Amazon Alexa and Google Home. However, it doesn’t support Apple HomeKit yet.
Mila is an excellent air purifier if you’re technologically savvy or someone who wants an appliance that looks great. Thanks to the different filter options for Mila, you can keep your home’s air clean no matter what your lifestyle looks like! Overall, Mila packs a punch in a small form factor, allowing you to keep your home’s air quality high.