Air purifiers are getting smarter and more powerful every day. One of the recent entries into the intelligent air purification space is the Rabbit Air MinusA3, an efficiency upgrade and design refresh of the best-selling MinusA2 model.
If you have been using the MinusA2 model for a couple of years, I think the A3 can be a worthy upgrade in terms of design and air filtration rate.
In this post, I will cover the top functions and features of the new Rabbit Air MinusA3 Air Purifier, including the pros and cons.
Rabbit Air MinusA3 Specifications:
|Filtration Technology|| |
|HEPA Class||True HEPA|
|Filter Life||12 months based on 24/7 running (4 layer filter kit)|
|Maximum CADR||257 cfm for Smoke|
|Room Coverage (8 ft ceilings)||385 sq ft with 5 air changes per hour (calculate ACH for your room)|
|Sensors||✔️ (particle sensor, odor sensor, and light sensor)|
|Noise Level||20 - 51 dBA|
|Rated Power||60 Watt|
|Dimensions||19.7″H x 18.9″W x 8.4″D|
- Expansive: Covers up to 1070 square feet, ideal for home or business settings, and filters 8560 cubic feet of air in 30 minutes. An...
- Thorough: An advanced BioGS HEPA filter with 6 stages of purification and deodorization reduces airborne allergens, dust, mold, pet...
- Prestigious: recipient of Red Dot Award for Innovative Product, and iF Product Design Award.
- Reliable: Backed by industry leading five-year warranty and 24/7 lifetime technical support. Verified Zero Ozone by Intertek...
- Smart: The A3 features three-element sensing (particles, odors, and light) and automatic operation. WiFi capability allows you to...
In-depth Review of the Rabbit Air MinusA3 Air Purifier:
At First Sight
The Rabbit Air MinusA3 is beautiful and sleek, being unobtrusive wherever you choose to station it. It is nearly as wide as it is high, at about 19 by 20 inches, and only a little over 8 inches slim, making it a great option to place it in tight spaces.
You can also mount it on the wall using the mounting accessories kit that comes with it. For your convenience, you are also allowed to mount it on the wall upside down to access the control panel easily.
Four front panel design options are also available, along with the standard black to suit your interior. They are called Cherry Blossom, Great Wave, Starry Night, and Vase of Flowers. This can make it a gorgeous addition to locations like bars or cigar shops.
The control panel is intuitive and easy to use. It offers access to all functions right on the console and will automatically dim when it detects lower light conditions, brightening the display as needed also.
Beneath The Surface
The filtration and purification of the MinusA3 are off the charts, and the multi-stage filtration process is a large part of that. It features 5 filtration stages that trap the majority of contaminants.
- The mesh pre-filter traps larger contaminants and debris, like hair, pollen, dust particles, and spores from mold and fungi. This filter is washable and permanent.
- The thin foam-like intermediate filter traps particles over 1 micron, like some pollen and pet dander, as well as bacteria.
- The honeycomb carbon filter contains granular activated carbon pellets and reduces smells and odors.
- The fourth filter stage is the deep-bed HEPA filter, which can trap and reduce more particulate allergens, mold, and fungal spores, viruses, and bacteria.
- The final filtration stage is an impregnated carbon sheet filter that you can choose from the four types of filters. They are made with different ingredients to protect against specific types of pollutants: germs, VOCs, pet dander, or smoke odors.
One of the useful features of the MinusA3 is that it continuously monitors the air for particulate or odor contamination, automatically raising the fan speed when the auto mode is activated.
It also features a built-in ambient light sensor, which automatically regulates the illumination intensity of the display. It will free you from dimming the panel lights every night before going to bed.
Don’t worry about electricity bills and the noise from it. The brushless DC motor on the Rabbit Air MinusA3 is powerful and energy-efficient while also being super-quiet. So you can run it 24/7 worry-free in your bedroom, study room, or shops.
Rabbit Air MinusA3 comes equipped with Wi-Fi capabilities right out of the box. This lets you use the convenient Rabbit Air app (iOS, Android), as well as your digital assistant, to monitor the air quality around your unit from anywhere.
Not only can you remotely monitor the performance, but you can control the functions remotely as well.
Suitable Room Size for Rabbit Air MinusA3 Air Purifier:
If you have higher ceilings, then use our Air Changes per Hour Calculator to calculate the suitable room size.
Rabbit Air MinusA3 Operating Costs:
Filter Replacement Cost: ~ $125 for the four layers filter kit, 12-month usage at 24/7 operation (check availability & filter price).
Monthly Energy Consumption: ~ $2.6 (based on 12 cents per kWh and 12 hours use on the max fan speed mode per day). Use our Energy Usage Calculator to find out the bill based on your usage and the local energy rate.
Pros & Cons:
Questions and Answers
Q. Does this model use the same filters as the A2?
A. Both the A3 and A2 have the same filter configuration, but the dimensions are not the same. The MinusA3 is slightly smaller and thicker than the A2.
Q. Does the A3 come with a wall mount?
A. Yes, it does. All of the air purifiers from Rabbit Air have a wall mounting bracket included with the product.
Q. When do the filters need to be replaced?
A. The frequency that you should change the filters in your A3 air purifier depends on how often you run the machine. Based on average indoor air quality and 24-hour use, the replaceable filters will last 12 months. It also contains a washable and permanent mesh pre-filter.
Rabbit Air MinusA3 is the most powerful and newest release in Rabbit Air’s air purifier arsenal. The slim design and wall mountable options make it suitable for homes, offices, and shops. The long-lasting filters, multiple sensors, the auto mode, and the app control features will make it easier for you to operate.